Thursday 16 January 2014

Physical education 9 semester 1 final

To start off with, I've Been choosing the wrong people to hang out with during pe and they haven't been the best supports I could have. Away from that, I try to put my fullest effort in everything but am always put down by my peers. I have promised myself to do fitness every single time, full out. I have downloaded some apps that have been really helping me with controlling my calories and I have been recording everything that I eat. This app has really encouraged me to eat healthier and I have been doing so and I'm always worried about staying under the amount of calories per day. Another app that I have, has been helping me see how many steps I take everyday and how many calories I burn everyday, and on the Tuesday when we did the pond run,  I went over 14000 steps. On a regular basis my steps are usually 3000-4000 and they have really been increasing because I started walking home from school. I have really been feeling better about myself and knowing the things that I eat and how many calories the things have, has not only encouraged but has forced me to eat healthier and exercise even more. I understand that my fitness level at school hasn't been the best and I really do want to make a change in that, but my level of physical health at home has really improved. I also have another friend that has been doing the same stuff and has also seen a difference in her health. Another form of physical activity I have been receiving, is through my dance. I have been dancing a lot due to the many in school performances. Other then that, I'm always in class, I have a change of clothes and even though I'm working on getting better in fitness days, the regular pe days are always exciting for me and I always enjoy them. I personally feel that my work habit is Good, and I deserve an A, because of the effort I have been putting into improving my health.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Agree with what Sahar? That you've been a poor influence on Puneet?;) Kidding. I hope to see more focus from both of you in the second semester

      Delete
  2. Whatever works for you Puneet. Those sound like useful apps. Don't get too hung up on the calorie counting, just start to get a general feel for how much physical activity it takes to balance your calorie intake. Furthermore, rather than the scale and fussing about caloric balance, the best indication of health is simply being attuned to your body by learning just what regimes suit it best. Being aware of your energy, mood, alertness, sleep habits, appetite etc. are all cues that you can learn to use in time. From both your post and from your behaviour in class, it is clear that you are a reflective person and this has to be one of the most important prerequisites in order to own your education and ultimately lead a balanced life. On the subject of step-counting, 10 000 / day is the minimum just to maintain our current health. Should we want to improve our fitness, then that could easily be doubled. Keep posting Puneet and I invite you to explore your quiet leadership skills.

    ReplyDelete